Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year. A New You?

I just posted this over at Dedicated and since it included some personal goals etc I thought I'd post it here too. Happy New Year!

***

Happy New Year Y'all!

So a new year is upon us and it's that time again to make promises to yourself that you may or may not keep. I for one get excited at the promise you feel when a new year begins, even if that promise is as empty as your promise to cut back on the cheese.

A New Year brings with it a chance to start afresh, make new plans, let go of old insecurities, the chance to embrace a new you.

Of course this can all often feel so trite, really what's going to be so different today from yesterday? The only year I chose to forego making a new years resolution I met and married my husband. But even then I still made quiet promises to myself, lose some weight, get a better job. It's as if however cynical you may be about keeping/breaking resolutions for the new year you're still naturally inclined to hope for a change however big or small.

So with that said. Some resolutions for the New Year.

For the Blog:

  • Increase our productivity (i.e post more often!)
  • Increase our readership
  • Finally introduce our various new series!

For My Career:

  • Start acting again (it's my first love)
  • Write more frequently.
  • Get out more - lol
  • Expand Stylesmith (website, wholesale orders, seasonal collections)

For Me:

  • Lose weight (trite I know but I'd like my clothes to fit!)
  • Exercise more (to get healthy)
  • Organise and re-evaulate my wardrobe (this would start with tidying my room)
  • Get off the couch and go on 'local adventures'

My most important resolution applies to every aspect of my life. Don't be afraid. I think it's something we can all take to heart.

In my career don't be afraid to push and shout for what I want. In my life don't be afraid to get out, meet people and make friendships, in my wardrobe (this is a fashion blog after all) I can't be afraid to go for the unusual.

If you'd asked me ten years ago if I'd ever be afraid of anything, I would have answered sharks, spiders, drowning maybe? But I never thought maturity would bring with a different kind of fear. It's a silly fear bred from insecurity and I will not let it make me afraid to live my life.

So with that in mind, it's going to be a great year, wouldn't you say?!

Love,

Kelsi x

(P.S Photo Credit: I cannot remember for the life of me where I found this gorgeous photograph - if you have a clue let me know!)

No comments: